Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well new stator installed and she is running like a champ!!! back on the road, thank you to all that helped me.. you guys ROCK!
one question, is it hard to replace the wire from the bike to the new stator, they seem to be getting a little frail, might need to rewire in the fall, is there a wire diagram for 2008 vn900 custom?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Well new stator installed and she is running like a champ!!! back on the road, thank you to all that helped me.. you guys ROCK!
one question, is it hard to replace the wire from the bike to the new stator, they seem to be getting a little frail, might need to rewire in the fall, is there a wire diagram for 2008 vn900 custom?
Nice,,,,,good to hear:smile2:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Congrats! Thanks for posting and letting us know that you've solved the problem. Happy riding!

Ditto about replacing the wiring from the stator to the regulator - I simply reused the OEM wiring and made the splices inside the stator cover so that I wouldn't need to replace the wiring, which seems to be in great shape, or make the splices outside the stator cover, since the OEM splices were there on my bike. I have a VN900 shop manual but it's really very little help in replacing and routing wiring.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I thought about replacing all of the stator-to-R/R wiring but it appeared that the OEM wiring follows a rather tortuous path through the engine/transmission arrangement and apparently also is clamped at some point or points. Since you already have connected the new stator to the wring and it's all working fine, suggest that you just leave it as is unless you can clearly see that the insulation is frayed, which is rather unlikely. If the wiring insulation is simply dirty that isn't anything to be concerned about. Any replacement wiring would quickly become dirty as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts