Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bike has started stalling.

Ok my bike an 08 custom sat for about a week with out being rode or started. Battery tender was not hooked up for some reason. Got it out rode it about 6 miles pulled in the clutch to down shift at a light an it quit. Started right back up. then did the same thing at the next light.

Brought it home hooked it to the battery tender. It charged up an stayed on the tender for about 2 days. Un hooked it an rode to work this morning. Pulled in to the parking lot pulled in the clutch to down shift an it quit again. The battery is about 2 years old. It stays hooked to a battery tender jr. all winter. I guess the battery could be going bad. I hope its not the stater. Im going to check the battery voltage tomorrow. An going to see what the voltage is with it running. Anyone have any other sugestions?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had a similar issue. Bike would fire right up , ran fine while riding but as soon as I pulled the clutch in and slowed down for a light it would die. This happened right as I was taking it in for the 15000 mile check up. Shop said idle was set low and air filter was real dirty. They also cleaned the throttle body. Runs fine now

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mex7.62 I was thinking some how the idle was lower than it was. Its not been that long since I had cleaned the air filter. Hopefully I will have time tomorrow to look at it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check the air filter and the throttle body just to make sure the throttle plate isn't covered in carbon deposits. if that checks out I would adjust the idle screw on the front side of the air filter housing. I've had to do it a few times to get it where it needs to be on my 09 classic.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I checked the air filter an all looked good. I turned up the idle just a little. An it ran fine all day today. I wonder why all the sudden it needed to be turned up a little?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts