Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was out for a ride a week ago the bike seemed to be running little rough so i turned for home not much later while riding along at 80 kpm bike quit . pulled over turned key and bike wouldnt start oil and fi light on checked fuses and all looked good .after several minutes of doing this and sitting on the side of the road deciding what to do next tried again and the bike started so headed for home .any ideas on what may have happened

·
Registered
98 Posts
If it starts running rough again try opening the gas cap to see if there is a vacuum. Never had that problem on my nomad but I did on my Roadstar. The vent got blocked and wouldn't let the gas flow properly.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Check your battery and the connections Mine did this once and turned out to be a bad battery connection, I figured I didn't get the connections tight enough after having my ECU reflashed by Ivan this spring!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
My first thought was the same as DaPreacha's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to all.i did check the battery terminals and they weren't overly tight . there wasn't any snap to loosen them when i took the battery out to have it checked. btw it checked out to bee good

·
Registered
547 Posts
Battery would have been my first guess. Might check the short wiring harness from ignition key. Have you checked it yet?
Known issue, If its shorting you get issues.. There's a lot on it hear EZ fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts