Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a Dowco bike cover their top end but it is showing it's age. Has anyone purchased the Kawasaki bike cover and how great is it does it have an awesome lining inside to provide a barrier from scratches.

·
Registered
490 Posts
How long have you had the Dowco? Is it their "Guardian" cover? If so, I have one, and am curious as to how long it'll last.

-John

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have this one and it fits my Vulcan 900 Classic LT great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bike cover

I have had my bike cover since 2009 and used it every day even winter months. It is time for replacement. I would say that is pretty good.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have had my bike cover since 2009 and used it every day even winter months. It is time for replacement. I would say that is pretty good.
I agree! I had a cheaper cover on my old bike, which lasted maybe 2 years. When I got the Vaquero, I wanted a really nice cover since it wasn't going to be in a motorcycle shell, and the Dowco came highly recommended.

Oh, that reminds me - you may want to look into the shells - motorcycleshell.com They're pricey, but awesome! Full coverage from the weather, and you can put a hot bike in with no worries. I've had mine since 2011, and it's holding up well.

-John

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Kawasaki made cover for the my Voyager. I received it from the previous owner when I bought the bike. I know he used it to store the bike on the street in Manhattan during the riding season for the 4 years he had it and I have used it a couple times myself. It is thick, definitely waterproof and has a good lining on the inside to keep from scratching the bike. The downsides are that it is heavy, takes up a lot of space so I would not travel with it (cannot fit much else in a saddlebag when that is in there), and probably costs a lot. I would not have bought it myself if it did not come with the bike because I have a garage for the bike but it will for sure do the job of protecting when stored outside.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I agree! I had a cheaper cover on my old bike, which lasted maybe 2 years. When I got the Vaquero, I wanted a really nice cover since it wasn't going to be in a motorcycle shell, and the Dowco came highly recommended.

Oh, that reminds me - you may want to look into the shells - motorcycleshell.com They're pricey, but awesome! Full coverage from the weather, and you can put a hot bike in with no worries. I've had mine since 2011, and it's holding up well.

-John
DraKehn99...

The weblink in your post was inop. Did you mean these guys? CycleShell Enclosure - Outdoor Motorcycle Cover - Protection

Actually looking into one of these...

Buskman

·
Registered
490 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts