Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a website or manufacturer for a cover for the bike that has a heat panel for the exhaust so I don't have to worry about the exhaust being hot or not when I put the cover on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anybody have a website or manufacturer for a cover for the bike that has a heat panel for the exhaust so I don't have to worry about the exhaust being hot or not when I put the cover on.
the bike cover makers are probably aware of the needed material
K

·
Registered
675 Posts
I went with a Tour Master Elite cover. It has the heat panels you are looking for. However, I'm not entirely happy with this cover. The elastic at the bottom gave out after about a year and a half. Since my 900 is garage kept, i still use the cover. If I were keeping the bike outdoors, I'd think twice about using it in the weather (due to the elastic failure), but it still works fine in the garage.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I finally went with a half-cover. No worries when putting it on as it doesn't go down far enough to hit the hot spots, yet still covers the majority of the bike.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with a Tour Master Elite cover. It has the heat panels you are looking for. However, I'm not entirely happy with this cover. The elastic at the bottom gave out after about a year and a half. Since my 900 is garage kept, i still use the cover. If I were keeping the bike outdoors, I'd think twice about using it in the weather (due to the elastic failure), but it still works fine in the garage.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
504 Posts
I use Dowco Guardian covers on my bikes that sit outside. They have the heat panels, and I've left it on in high winds without it coming off my 79KZ650SR.

Great covers, IIRC it was around $100.

The only problem I've had is one got a rip in it, but it's over the front wheel so I don't care so much.

-John

Reactions: Necro07
1 - 7 of 7 Posts