Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Arlen Ness Big sucker intake and was wondering if anyone could lead me in the right direction as to where I can find replacement filters.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, does anyone know where I can get a rain sock for one of these bad boys?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm curious as to why you need a new filter element for the Ness? Unless it's been damaged in some way, simply get a K&N filter cleaning kit and clean and re-oil the one you have. The element comes pre-oiled, and should go quite a while before cleaning is needed unless you continually ride in a very dusty/dirty climate. New ones are available for about $55. The cleaning kit is $14.95.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm curious as to why you need a new filter element for the Ness? Unless it's been damaged in some way, simply get a K&N filter cleaning kit and clean and re-oil the one you have. The element comes pre-oiled, and should go quite a while before cleaning is needed unless you continually ride in a very dusty/dirty climate. New ones are available for about $55. The cleaning kit is $14.95.
I don't need a filter as of yet, I was just wondering what was out there in case something does happen to it. Always thinking about the what if's. I guess I could pick up the K&N cleaning kit from their website when I need it.

Thanks for your help Jimbo!

·
Registered
533 Posts
As for the rain sock, there aren't any available that I'm aware of. Baron's BAK comes with one and is the only one I know of that does. Someone posted at one time on another forum about making one but for the life of me I can't remember what he used. Maybe someone else can help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for the rain sock, there aren't any available that I'm aware of. Baron's BAK comes with one and is the only one I know of that does. Someone posted at one time on another forum about making one but for the life of me I can't remember what he used. Maybe someone else can help.
Thanks Jimbo,

I guess I will just have to watch out for those soaking storms passing through.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts