Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went on a little tour yesterday, mapping a route for the annual Sitting Bull Tavern run. Dropped in on the Silver Buckle Saloon Bike Rally in Wildwood Alberta on the way home. Lots of bikes (300ish), lots of classic cars, lots of fun. Leaving, we were joined by a young fella with a newly upgraded Road Glide 103. He had ridden with me before with his little hotrod 96" and lost badly so he wanted to try with the new alphabet stage 2 chirping chicken bike..... I was riding two up with luggage and, as I have posted before, I am a 300 pounder with a wife that is no ballerina... BUT, a challenge is a challenge:D I had to dig deep into the V2K gallery of guts, but we still triumphed against a single rider. Wifey was not impressed, having been dragged kicking and screaming into my lifestyle as it was, but she drank the victory drinks when we got to the house anyway.:devil2:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
We went on a little tour yesterday, mapping a route for the annual Sitting Bull Tavern run. Dropped in on the Silver Buckle Saloon Bike Rally in Wildwood Alberta on the way home. Lots of bikes (300ish), lots of classic cars, lots of fun. Leaving, we were joined by a young fella with a newly upgraded Road Glide 103. He had ridden with me before with his little hotrod 96" and lost badly so he wanted to try with the new alphabet stage 2 chirping chicken bike..... I was riding two up with luggage and, as I have posted before, I am a 300 pounder with a wife that is no ballerina... BUT, a challenge is a challenge:D I had to dig deep into the V2K gallery of guts, but we still triumphed against a single rider. Wifey was not impressed, having been dragged kicking and screaming into my lifestyle as it was, but she drank the victory drinks when we got to the house anyway.:devil2:
All ya can say is,,,NEXT:grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Congrats, Danad! I have to agree with chanoc1077 -- why do they even try?

At the grocery this morning, I ran into a fella and his wife puttin' on their helmets as they came out. I grinned and asked him what he rode. He pointed to a shiny black H-D (too far away to see what model, but...) tricked out with fairing, hard bags, lotsa chrome. Nice lookin' ride, I said (and it was). He asked what I rode. I kinda aw, shucks, said a Vulcan 2000. He freaked...couldn't say enough good things fast enough! First time I've experienced that!

Victor

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are a couple of guys in town that have shown me their tail lights too, both bikes STARTED out as HD, but have morphed into something else. One of them looks like it was a Dyna at one time or another but is sporting a 124" S&S, and the other has two little bottles on his front frame.... I still tried though, no sense rolling over onto my back and showing the naughty bits without a fight...:devil2: Before I had all the tour crap on the V2K I used to scare the odd Ninja rider too. Older and wiser now, just pick on HD riders. Anyone that will pay $66 for a dew rag should see the rear end of a Vulcan lots of times;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts