Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend the weather was fantastic. My new 900 Classic LT is still only about 4 weeks old and I'm rusty after a 30+ year layoff.

This Saturday morning I ventured out on a ride from Huntsville, AL to Lynchburg, TN. With the side trip I took on the way back the ride came in at just over 170 miles.

On Sunday morning my ride to Scottsboro and Guntersville came in around 140 miles.

Both rides were solo but I met some nice folks along the way and I am feeling better about my riding.

On Sunday I started off a little rough in the turns and i figured it out pretty quickly. I was looking down at the road in front of me. When I kept my head up and looked ahead at the road, watching the curve as it developed I was smooth as silk.

Lots to learn and lots of fun.

Brad

·
Registered
533 Posts
Did you take the MSF riders course yet? The hardest thing to learn about a motorcycle is to look where you want to go.....not where you're at. I was in the same boat as you...30 year layoff. Took the basic rider's course and can honestly say it was the best money I've spent since I got the bike.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I took the course after a 25 year lay-off, and it was well worth the investment. Looking where you want to go is one of those golden rules that I was not previously aware of.

I have put about 1400 miles on my new 900 LT in the last six weeks, and I hope to put on many more..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am looking forward to the class - heard good things.

I also just got this DVD - "Ride Like a Pro DVD Vol. 5 - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino"
I have only had about 30 minutes of this and some practice and I have to say it's great. These guys are turning big heavy cruisers around like they're on a bicycle.

Sadly, I am out of town for the next three days and can't ride till Saturday. I'll give more feedback on the DVD later.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had a 29 year layoff from riding. The hardest part for me was a panic stop.

I automatically hit the brake on the left side. oops, that was my old Triumph. I have 17,000 miles on the Custom now and really enjoy it. Especially since I don't have to kick start it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts