Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm racking up miles on my v2k, im starting to learn that a big bike is not synonymous with a tall person bike, the bike feels very uncomfortable and I'm starting to regret not getting a c109 or m109 which seem a bit more ergonomic for tall people. I'm 6-5, with a 34 inseam. Until I can afford a cross country or vision which seem to be tall guy friendly from the factory, what can I do to make it more comfortable, especially the seat, and not a fan of forward controls so wont use those. Any suggestions fellow tall people?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would have to agree the stock bars were not very much fun. After I changed mine the whole riding experience has changed.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a big fan of tall apes would 8 or 10in fit the bill

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Not a big fan of tall apes would 8 or 10in fit the bill
3m, 10" monkey bars are perfect. With stok cables and risers, 12 is as far as you can go. 8" is too close to stok as to not make any much diff.
Also some seats, mustang etc sit up higher and give yor legs more room to stretch out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i was always trying to sit back further with the stock seat so removed the cover and using an angle grinder ground the lip of the back of the seat foam. it radius's up nicely. i now sit against the rear seat edge. i have found it gives me a bit more leg room and now longer cuts into the back of me.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Yep, ponch spelled it out pretty good. I went with stock harley wide glide bars, they're about 12", and stock cables work

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Check into forward controls
It sounds like the OP has more concern w/legroom. I'd look into forward controls, too. If they're not made for the V2K I'd consider whether something for the 900 might fit. There are a lot of interchangeable parts.

I have a 30" inseam and find the V2K quite comfortable, so I can imagine it could be a bit cramped for a 34" inseam.

·
Registered
578 Posts
6'2", 180, 36" inseam. I got the Mustang but don't like it. Hard as a rock, puts pressure on my sitting bones and it sits a lot higher than stock. I cut it up this weekend to get me lower and back a little. Just can't see spending $1000 on an ultimate. Everything else on the bike fits me fine.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3m, 10" monkey bars are perfect. With stok cables and risers, 12 is as far as you can go. 8" is too close to stok as to not make any much diff.
Also some seats, mustang etc sit up higher and give yor legs more room to stretch out.
10 in sounds good especially since i wont have to buy cables, and the seat is a biggie, really want to make sure i get the right one weather saddleman or mustang, kind of like the saddleman explorer comfort seat but I dont know if the at will make ergonomics worse.

Check into forward controls
Smedlin i love the extended footpegs on your bike, can't see myself buying forward controls at almost 900 bucks, but could co for something like you have. What are they called officially?. I was also thinking of crash bars and footpegs to help stretch out

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
10 in sounds good especially since i wont have to buy cables, and the seat is a biggie, really want to make sure i get the right one weather saddleman or mustang, kind of like the saddleman explorer comfort seat but I dont know if the at will make ergonomics worse.

Smedlin i love the extended footpegs on your bike, can't see myself buying forward controls at almost 900 bucks, but could co for something like you have. What are they called officially?. I was also thinking of crash bars and footpegs to help stretch out
The pegs are AeroMach - AM-9500C Cruisin' Pegs for Kawasaki - Solid Arm - Web site is http://www.aeromachmfg.com/category_s/42.htm

They kind of expensive though...

i recently put on some flanders 8-inch mini apes. Didn't need new cables, but did need new triple tree claps since I went with a thicker bar.

I like the new bars. I'm 6'3, and they let me stretch out more..

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like the looks of those 8in so hope the 10 in looks similiar, definately not a 16in guy, not sure if I'm cool enough for that,lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am 6'2, I have an Ultimate seat and some 3 inch risers to bring the bars back some. now I lean back against the backrest and it seems to be a lot more comfortable for the long rides. Rode 1350 miles in 4 days in May without a problem...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have no experience with forward controls or handle bar swaps, but I do know if you are using the stock seat that's your main problem. No mater what your height or weight the stock seat is absolutely terrible.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The pegs are AeroMach - AM-9500C Cruisin' Pegs for Kawasaki - Solid Arm - Web site is http://www.aeromachmfg.com/category_s/42.htm

They kind of expensive though...

i recently put on some flanders 8-inch mini apes. Didn't need new cables, but did need new triple tree claps since I went with a thicker bar.

I like the new bars. I'm 6'3, and they let me stretch out more..

$299 is not horrible, still cheaper than $900 for extended controls and it looks good, god i love your bike.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts