Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 1500 vulcan classic and I am looking for tires for it. My main conser is whether I should buy bias or radial tires for it. the one bike shop in town thats is not a dealer says I should use bias, but when I ask why his answer was they did not make radials in that size ( and he's kind of a buthead). the tire on the back is a Michelin Commander, of which the only one I found online like it is a radial. so which should it be?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Nagmyer, unrelated to your post but wondering how you like your 1500? I'm leaning towards the 1600 which is brand new BUT a 2005....decent price. 1500 I'm looking at is a 2008 and not much more. Opinion?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nagmyer, unrelated to your post but wondering how you like your 1500? I'm leaning towards the 1600 which is brand new BUT a 2005....decent price. 1500 I'm looking at is a 2008 and not much more. Opinion?
Mine has 84,000 miles and going strong. the 1500 is very well balanced, my dad 1100 shadow I hated leaning over in turns because I always felt like it wasn't going to stand back up, this bike I have no problem leaning over sometime to far and scraping the engine gaurds. engines seem to be pretty much bullet proof and still very low maintance considering the miles I have on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts