Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost up to 1000 miles since last Thursday! What a ride! I should have bought one of these bikes right from the beginning! The thumping engine will take a little to get used to, however the reward of cruising down the highway at 2500 RPM more than makes up for it!

Does anybody know what adapter kit I need to plug in my IPhone 6 for music? There are too many options out there, it's like choosing ibuprophen from walmart! LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
There are two or three options available. I was going to suggest the factory kit, but then I recalled that the new iPhones don't use the old 30 pin connectors, do they?

So, that leaves you three options that I know of.

You can purchase the ipod kit,
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-K10400-040-iPod-Adaptor-Kit/dp/B0059KHB6C[/ame]
and the 30 pin lightning adapter from apple. Those together will set you back over $100 easily.

Or, you can use a bluetooth to FM transmitter and connect to that. That works reasonably well.

Or, you can get the mp3 stereo adapter kit. There are official kits that are expensive or you can pick one up on ebay for cheaper. Certain members of the forums have been known to keep a few handy that they sell at cost. That kit plugs directly into the stereo out on the phone. There are micro bluetooth receivers that work well that can plug into this kit as well.

Neither of those last two options gives you the ability to change tunes via the onboard controls or to see the songs displayed on the console, but they are considerably cheaper and you can still adjust volume. I made a cable myself and bought the bluetooth adapter. Between the two I've spent less than $50 and can ride all day and listen to music or GPS through the speakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts