Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Michelin Commander II Cruiser Front Tire 130/90B16 73H TL/TT
Michelin Commander II Cruiser Rear Tire 180/65B16 81H TL/TT

Only tire I would put on a bike is a Michelin I have always had great success with this brand and always received about double the mileage of any other tire in the market place. They are I believe a harder compound not for real aggressive riding but for long life and a very nice ride they are exceptional by all means. Trust the fat little man.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm running Metzler 888's front and back. I have no complaints, they have about 8000 km on them and still look new.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Everyone in my riding group has been raving about the Commander IIs. One guy has been able to get 20,000+ miles out of them on his Voyager. I am going to put them on when I am due for tires next spring.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I seeing a lot of commanders II's and and heard good things of the Elite 3 from goldwing people

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
So my experience is on the 900; but running Dunlops, Metzelers, and Michelin Commander II's, the Michelin's were my favorite. Best handling, longevity, etc.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mmmm that is interesting what would you suggest.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Eric, I speaking from a 01 nomad stand point, I don't know what you ride but once my stock stones needed replaced all my friends and buddies said go with metzler so I did, they soon cupped specially the rear. vibrations thru the handlebars too. I thought maybe my pressures are off,can't blame nobody but me right. so I bought another set maintained pressures like a hawk. still cupped, not until then my bros started to complain about their metzlers too,
next set went with Dunlop E3's what a difference, those tires are the best I ran to date. finally sold the ol girl last year, I had since she was new, now on a 14 vaq looks like I'll try the commanders 1st

·
Registered
51 Posts
no but not only no but HELL no, I've had to many sets that cup bad.
metzler used to be great when they were german made now I think their in brazil
I have Metzlers front & back. I noticed hard cupping on the rear and can feel it at highway speeds. This being my first bike in many years, I am a freak about monitoring air pressure & fluids. Based on my research, I will be going with the Michelin Commander II's in a few weeks when I change.

I am still on the fence about going with a CT....but thats a whole different topic.

I ride a 09 Vulcan Classic 1700

·
BOTM Winner, August 2015
283 Posts
I am running Avon Cobras. Getting good wear out of them so far. Had a set on my 900 Classic LT and got 14,000 out of the back tire. Just have to make sure to run Avon's recommended pressures. They handle well, too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am running Avon Cobras. Getting good wear out of them so far. Had a set on my 900 Classic LT and got 14,000 out of the back tire. Just have to make sure to run Avon's recommended pressures. They handle well, too.
avon is a damn good tire as well if I remember right, they didn't make my nomad's size. ( in the cobras)

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I never liked the 2 sets of metzlers I have tried either. Would stay with stockers over them no matter what brand it was. I am running a general Altima car tire on back and love it. Wont go back from the darkside. Running Michelin commander 2 up front. Happy with it also. Commander at about 5000 miles. No cupping. Smooth. Altima on rear at 11,000 miles and still looks new. I am not at all easy on the rear tire either. Dynabeads in both.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
does putting the commander tires on does it affect the speedo reading? more accurate? less accurate?
I have the Commander II's on my 2013 VV. According to my Garmin GPS the bike speedometer shows 3-4 mph faster then the GPS. Just put them on, so no ride report yet. Anyway I cant tell the difference from one brand to the other. I look for milage and try to get the most out of whatever I'm running.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts