Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend risers (good price, but not cheaply made) for a 2010 Classic LT that won't require cable swap/drilling etc that also will bring handlebars back closer to me.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm on my 2nd set of aftermarket risers, the Phat II risers from Scootworks and I'm very happy with them. The first set didn't give me enough pullback. The Phat II risers give max pullback without needing new cables. You may or may not have to reroute some of the cables, but you shouldn't need to buy longer ones.

http://www.scootworks.com/scootworks/sw_phatrisers.htm

Kerry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I was also looking at a set on Chucksterscustoms but they look like they are not as well made.

Steve

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
++1 on the Phat II's. Made a world of difference in comfort and handling.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Phat II's and I did have to re-route.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also have the barrons 4in with 1.5 setback, didnot move any cables, had to take throttle cables out of clamp on neck behind triple tree, have kawasaki engine gard 06 900 LT

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well durn

I also have the barrons 4in with 1.5 setback, didnot move any cables, had to take throttle cables out of clamp on neck behind triple tree, have kawasaki engine gard 06 900 LT
I've got the Barrons from Cruiser Customizing, but they still don't quite make me comfy. :( I guess I'll have to go with the Phat II's. How difficult is the cable reroute? :confused:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I've got the Barrons from Cruiser Customizing, but they still don't quite make me comfy. :( I guess I'll have to go with the Phat II's. How difficult is the cable reroute? :confused:
cable re-route is simple. You have to unclamp the handlebar anyway, so just remove the throttle, disconnect the cable from the cable pulley and move behind the triple tree and reconnect.

As an aside, I put Phat II's on my wife's '09 LT and didn't have to reroute the throttle cables. Mine is an '06 Classic that I added a Memphis Fats shield with quick disconnect mount. The difference was the windshield mounts. The OEM Kawasaki set up doesn't require the move, but the Memphis Fats quick disconnect mounts gets in the way, so you have to re-route the cables. You don't have to mess with the brake line or clutch cable, though. Just check your windshield mount, if you have a shield to see if you have to re-locate the throttle cables.

·
Registered
318 Posts
cable re-route is simple. You have to unclamp the handlebar anyway, so just remove the throttle, disconnect the cable from the cable pulley and move behind the triple tree and reconnect.

As an aside, I put Phat II's on my wife's '09 LT and didn't have to reroute the throttle cables. Mine is an '06 Classic that I added a Memphis Fats shield with quick disconnect mount. The difference was the windshield mounts. The OEM Kawasaki set up doesn't require the move, but the Memphis Fats quick disconnect mounts gets in the way, so you have to re-route the cables. You don't have to mess with the brake line or clutch cable, though. Just check your windshield mount, if you have a shield to see if you have to re-locate the throttle cables.
Cool! I've got an LT with OEM windshield so I ought to be good to go! :D:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Risers

My fiance put my Phat II's on w/o re-routing cables & said I was good to go. But when I turned the bars sharp the cables were too tight making the engine rev high.:eek: So, after several months like this I got him convinced to help me w/ the re-route. It would have saved a LOT of time doing this the first time the bars were off. Scoot works instructions DO say not all LT's need the cable re-route but mine did.

·
Registered
318 Posts
My fiance put my Phat II's on w/o re-routing cables & said I was good to go. But when I turned the bars sharp the cables were too tight making the engine rev high.:eek: So, after several months like this I got him convinced to help me w/ the re-route. It would have saved a LOT of time doing this the first time the bars were off. Scoot works instructions DO say not all LT's need the cable re-route but mine did.
So let's see... the only time you turn the bars sharp is when you're going real slow, so... you were going real slow real fast??? :eek:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thanks! I was also looking at a set on Chucksterscustoms but they look like they are not as well made.

Steve
FWIW, I have a set of chucksterscustoms risers on my bike. They are very well made. No problems or complaints. I have a custom so my risers are different from yours, but quality shouldn't be a problem IMHO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's another vote for the Phat II's. Have them on my 1500 classic and wish I would have added them earlier. Puts you in a much better riding position.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have the Phat I

No re-route. But, might not do enough for you. Are great for me. Combined with the Mustang w/backrest, and Kury longhorns, it's like being in my Lazyboy !

·
Registered
53 Posts
So let's see... the only time you turn the bars sharp is when you're going real slow, so... you were going real slow real fast??? :eek:
Yep! And when in neutral, like when parking & turning the bars sharp the cable was tight & made the engine rev up HIGH. Yeh, scary...........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts