Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used Haynes for my Rebel but does the forum have a consensus on which manual is the best? I've seen Haynes, Clymer, Kawasaki Repair Manual, and some other unknown brands online.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've used Haynes for my Rebel but does the forum have a consensus on which manual is the best? I've seen Haynes, Clymer, Kawasaki Repair Manual, and some other unknown brands online.
I like Chylmer. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've always used Clymer and the factory manual together, sometimes one will show something better than the other. If you can only have one then the factory manual, hands down.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Factory manuals tend to skip over common mechanics knowledge, such as the rules of working on braking systems, whereas the others will spend more time on weekend repairs.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
331 Posts
I've always used Clymer...
Even though there were "mistakes"...

Needing one now for my 2005 1600 Classic for a future bevel gear bearing replacement...

Anyone got one lying around collecting dust ???
PM me PLEASE !!!

Luckymann77

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
I've always used Clymer...
Even though there were "mistakes"...

Needing one now for my 2005 1600 Classic for a future bevel gear bearing replacement...

Anyone got one lying around collecting dust ???
PM me PLEASE !!!

Luckymann77
The OEM manual might be better in this case as it contains all of the bevel gear adjustments and I am not sure if the others do.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks, I found an online PDF version of the kawasaki service manual so i'll look through that for now. The bike seems like a lot of bike for now, but I'm hoping that with practice I'll feel as comfortable as I do on the Rebel 250. =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts