Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear of my 900 Classic jacked up about 1" after replacing the stock rear tire with a 200/70. So, now I'd like to either even it out, or possibly even drop it the 2" if I have the clearance...

I know a bunch of you guys lowered yours, so I'm wondering what brand makes the very best quality kit? I'm eyeballing the Baron Custom kit because they claim their kit includes "precision roller bearings".

Opinions? Advice?

·
Registered
347 Posts
The bike frame sits lower so when the bike is on the side stand, it sits a little more "upright" than what it might otherwise if it were not lowered. If you park on a level surface, this is no issue...but if the surface you are parking on is at any sort of angle, you have to be careful. Not a huge deal, but the person parking the bike needs to be aware.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Shadow01, I had actually searched and read those, but they're so old at this point that I figured there would be more recent info and experiences.

I ended up going with the Baron Custom kit. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Damn, i wish someone would lend me a lowering kit so I can start fabricating these at cost for the fellow members, then of course I'd send it back to the person. Im a redseal Millwright, my brother is a redseal welder so we can make these quite easily, they should cost next to nothing to make.

Also, if someone could give me the exact measurements, that would work too.
Ive seen pictures of these, and theyre amazingly simple, but without buying one or takibg apart my rear end on mine, its a bit tricky to make an exact replica.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts