Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping around for Power Commander V so far best price I've seen has been Motorcycle superstore for $294.99....Ebay has them little cheaper but by time you pay for shipping ends up being higher. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Just s a note , you may want to look at the FI 2000 power pro ....

at this link .... http://www.meancycles.com/store/parts/view.cfm?partID=218005

I was a power commander, dyno guy until some one put me on to this. It is a straight plug and play, no dyno, no tuning.

When you consider that cost of the PC at $250, 3 runs on a dyno at $200 plus all the screwing around, this unit is a simple plug and play. It auto tunes it self regardless of how many changes you may do in the future to your bike.

I am mechanically challenged and installed it in around an hour along with my hypercharger. On a scale of 1 to 10, for me , i would rate it as a 6 in difficulty. Once installed, you go out , ride the bike hard thru the 5 gears and its all done. I self adjusts at 80 time a second from there on.

Just giving you another option.

cheers Maurice

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info on the power pro...It's a little more than I'm wanting to spend. I've always been happy with the PC's I had a PCV on my GSXR600 and currently have one on my ZX10R both I installed on my own and using one of their Maps. I'm sure I could gain a few extra ponies with a custom tune or maybe the power pro but I'm not really buying it for that purpose just want to get rid of those nasty pops

Thanks Chris!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts