Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordering this week...debate was tough...Fi2000R...PCV...but again here I am with a new choice the PCV. So anybody ever order from http://www.cruisercustomizing.com the price seems good? Sadly I'm ordering all my other stuff from phat performance but they only have the PCIII...Anyway this a good price and site?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was just on fuelmotousa and them a call...total with shipping and a map loaded with my setup = $291.95...!! Seemed really nice! I will order unless I hear bad from you guys..But its a good price and good support from what I read they double the warranty and will send you maps whenever you need...Good for me since I cant afford a dyno run for awhile or ever if these maps are good!

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Sounds like a deal, though I prefer to deal local. Personal choice. Let us know how everything goes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Invoice is in my mail box for paypal...I'll be using my overdraft for 2 weeks until payday :/ But If I order it payday wich is when im picking my bike up..ill have to wait for it to ship :/ lets ee 22% interest on $500 for 2 1/2 weeks...its worth it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well everything is ordered and done...Hypercharger and adapter, ISO grips and throttle boss, PCV... $700 later and I'm...happy and.. ouch there goes a paycheck! Anybody need a Ford E-150 up for sale? LOL

·
Registered
701 Posts
Can someone direct me to the info about the PCV valve and what it does? I have 2006 900 LT with vance & hines long shots. I've been thinking about getting a power commander for the bike. But I have to find a place here in palm beach Florida to tune if needed.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
PCV = Power Commander Five

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Can someone direct me to the info about the PCV valve and what it does? I have 2006 900 LT with vance & hines long shots. I've been thinking about getting a power commander for the bike. But I have to find a place here in palm beach Florida to tune if needed.
The Power Commander III USB is the fuel manager for your specific bike. Go to their website for details of what this product does. http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Products/PowerCommander/powercommander_iii_usb.aspx

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks for the answer. Sorry for the noob question. I've only been riding for the last 2 weeks and having a blast. I love modding and have built a pretty fast 350z. Now I'm on to my new project. I know this bike won't be a speed demon(I didn't buy it for that), but it is fun just the same.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
If you have only been riding for 2 weeks, don't mod anything. Get some real time under your belt so you are proficient at all aspects of riding. I have been riding street bikes for 5 years, and these are the first modifications I have made to any bike... Be a good rider first.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Thanks for the answer. Sorry for the noob question. I've only been riding for the last 2 weeks and having a blast. I love modding and have built a pretty fast 350z. Now I'm on to my new project. I know this bike won't be a speed demon(I didn't buy it for that), but it is fun just the same.
Welcome to this forum. There's never a dumb question and fortunately there's a number of folks here that are knowledgeable and ready to lend a hand. Get your hands on Ride Like a Pro. Lots of useful info there.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you have only been riding for 2 weeks, don't mod anything. Get some real time under your belt so you are proficient at all aspects of riding. I have been riding street bikes for 5 years, and these are the first modifications I have made to any bike... Be a good rider first.
I appreciate the words of wisdom and have been taking things slowly. I have very good friends keeping me in check and watching out for me. Hell I've put on over 600 miles so far. Riding has come naturally to me much easier than I thought, now this doesn't mean I'm a pro far from it. My Lt is loaded the only thing left is a intake and some kind of fuel management. I have the mod bug from my cars, it's a bad disease... lol The main reason for the PC is the bike does a lot of backfiring on decel. I just want to make sure it is not running to lean. With my car lean = boom. I'm sure it's not that much different with the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I appreciate the words of wisdom and have been taking things slowly. I have very good friends keeping me in check and watching out for me. Hell I've put on over 600 miles so far. Riding has come naturally to me much easier than I thought, now this doesn't mean I'm a pro far from it. My Lt is loaded the only thing left is a intake and some kind of fuel management. I have the mod bug from my cars, it's a bad disease... lol The main reason for the PC is the bike does a lot of backfiring on decel. I just want to make sure it is not running to lean. With my car lean = boom. I'm sure it's not that much different with the bike.
You bike was equipped from the factory with a valve that injects fresh air into the exhaust ports to burn off any unspent gas, thus reducing emissions. With the stock mufflers you can hardly hear the decel popping but not with after market pipes. It's perfectly normal for these engines to sound this way during deceleration. Do you like it? Me either. So the solution is to plug the source of the fresh air passing through this valve. This is done by inserting a marble into the hose that comes from the back of the air cleaner and goes to the secondary air valve. This should eliminate most, if not all, of the decel popping when you are at zero throttle. Also, check the tightness of the nuts that hold the pipes to the exhaust ports. The torque spec. is 12 ft/lbs. It's possible the previous owner never changed the crush gaskets when he put the new pipes on and you're sucking air past the gaskets. Something to check if it's still popping after marbling.

·
Registered
701 Posts
You bike was equipped from the factory with a valve that injects fresh air into the exhaust ports to burn off any unspent gas, thus reducing emissions. With the stock mufflers you can hardly hear the decel popping but not with after market pipes. It's perfectly normal for these engines to sound this way during deceleration. Do you like it? Me either. So the solution is to plug the source of the fresh air passing through this valve. This is done by inserting a marble into the hose that comes from the back of the air cleaner and goes to the secondary air valve. This should eliminate most, if not all, of the decel popping when you are at zero throttle. Also, check the tightness of the nuts that hold the pipes to the exhaust ports. The torque spec. is 12 ft/lbs. It's possible the previous owner never changed the crush gaskets when he put the new pipes on and you're sucking air past the gaskets. Something to check if it's still popping after marbling.
Thanks for the info. The sound doesn't bother me. I was more concerned with the motor having the proper A/F ratio. I will check to make sure the bolts are properly torqued. The bike is very clean. The previous owner took very good care of it. When I get a chance I'll post some pictures. Who knows someone may know the bike/owner here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I took a cbr600rr out on I25 after only riding 6 months aNd it felt so naturaL and amazing. So if you want performance..wait a bit and hop on some kind of 600..this was an 09 and $$$ but older 05's are cheap.. I'm gonna get one eventually for fun in the hills and keep my vn900 to cruise...also road my buddies R6 shortly after that and didn't feel as smooth...the cbr would fly through the gears no clutch and you wouldn't even feel it shift...I loved it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts