Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hiflo Filtro and K&N are made by the same manufacturer and of equal quality.
K&N have a nut to make removal easier (not that its difficult to remove).
Hiflo Filtro have with or without nut option.

Buy which ever is cheapest for you. You'll need 303 size.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hiflo Filtro and K&N are made by the same manufacturer and of equal quality.

K&N have a nut to make removal easier (not that its difficult to remove).

Hiflo Filtro have with or without nut option.

Buy which ever is cheapest for you. You'll need 303 size.
I found Hiflofiltro model HF303RC
For like 18$ including shipping
Im not sure about that RC though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
904 Posts
I use the Kawasaki filter, when I buy the oil change pack from the dealer. It’s actually cheaper for me then buying oil/filter elsewhere (or at least on par in price).
Although K&N are the choice of many, there’s been a QC problem with that “nut” on the can. The penetration from when it’s welded on is not correct and there’s been complaints of the can bursting where the nut is installled, and dumping oil. On a motorcycle, where getting oil on your tires is not good for traction and staying upright, it’s not a good thing. Although K&N had a recall for this, there’s still people complaining it’s still happening. So, just a heads up.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
J8ust Sayin

I use Wix , PURULATOR , Mobil , I NEVER use K&N since one dumped all the oil out of the odt Duc.

OIL FILTERS EXPOSED! - Introduction

I read this guy and he made a lot of sense. Now I know that some one with an engineering degree is now gonna tell me I am wrong BUT, I have not had an oil related failure using these filters and synthetic oil so I will continue to do so. Sadly itsd 25F out today and TOO DAMN COLD to Ride.. Oh Thinking ahead Anyone up for it US Desmo ( Ducati group) will do its annual Blue Ridge ride May 3-5 This spring. Fabulous area to ride and it is SOOOOO much fun picking off the slower riders on a Cruiser:devil2:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use Wix , PURULATOR , Mobil , I NEVER use K&N since one dumped all the oil out of the odt Duc.

OIL FILTERS EXPOSED! - Introduction

I read this guy and he made a lot of sense. Now I know that some one with an engineering degree is now gonna tell me I am wrong BUT, I have not had an oil related failure using these filters and synthetic oil so I will continue to do so. Sadly itsd 25F out today and TOO DAMN COLD to Ride.. Oh Thinking ahead Anyone up for it US Desmo ( Ducati group) will do its annual Blue Ridge ride May 3-5 This spring. Fabulous area to ride and it is SOOOOO much fun picking off the slower riders on a Cruiser:devil2:
Slow crusiers?
Mmmhm

Its like 25 degrees here as well
Feel like summer
Maybe i will go with that Hiflofiltro one

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Nah, those fellows are riding Ducati's, KTM's, Moto Guzzi's, BMW's and the like. It ain't the bikes that are slow😁. But a FEW of the riders. Lucky for me the staight a ways are few and short. All the scooter's are larger with lots more ponies.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Slow crusiers?
Mmmhm

Feel like summer

LOL, Our 25 degrees (Fahrenheit) equals MINUS 4 degrees Celsius. Lucky Bearslayer is in a warmer southern climate. I am not so lucky. Yesterday it was Minus 5 degrees Fahrenheit or Minus 21 Celsius. It definitely doesn't feel like summer here :wink2: It won't be in the 20 Celsius range until sometime in May. :crying2: Oh, as far as Oil filter goes I am using the Kawasaki Oil and filter kit from Amazon. I have less than 1000 miles and already changed the oil twice on my bike :wink2:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Another oil filter/oil thread????
Did you search first?

ALL you'll get is "I use this" , or " I think this one is best"

Get a filter that fits and use it! Simple!

Why did you wait so long? That no one has pointed out!
Asking about a good filter after waiting so long - troll much?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Oh, as far as Oil filter goes I am using the Kawasaki Oil and filter kit from Amazon. I have less than 1000 miles and already changed the oil twice on my bike :wink2:

The kit that is labeled for the ninja? I am at just over 4000 miles. I don’t think I’m really due, but I ride almost every day and an oil change is pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I change every 1000 miles and 3 times before that. I use Kawasaki filter. I read that it's a very premium filter. I switched motul to mobile 1 now for oil.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another oil filter/oil thread????
Did you search first?

ALL you'll get is "I use this" , or " I think this one is best"

Get a filter that fits and use it! Simple!

Why did you wait so long? That no one has pointed out!
Asking about a good filter after waiting so long - troll much?
How i am a troll..
I didnt have the money for a while
I just paid $1700 for the insurance a few months ago

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Slow crusiers?
Mmmhm

Feel like summer

LOL, Our 25 degrees (Fahrenheit) equals MINUS 4 degrees Celsius. Lucky Bearslayer is in a warmer southern climate. I am not so lucky. Yesterday it was Minus 5 degrees Fahrenheit or Minus 21 Celsius. It definitely doesn't feel like summer here /forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png It won't be in the 20 Celsius range until sometime in May. /forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_crying.png Oh, as far as Oil filter goes I am using the Kawasaki Oil and filter kit from Amazon. I have less than 1000 miles and already changed the oil twice on my bike /forums/images/VulcanForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
end of the day I'm riding 363 days a year 😛

·
Registered
546 Posts
How i am a troll..
I didnt have the money for a while
I just paid $1700 for the insurance a few months ago

Mr Cow just for the record there are a lot of fine people here and will offer their honest and to the best of their knowledge opinion, don't be discouraged and ask away, there are no dumb questions only dumb mistakes

1 - 20 of 31 Posts