Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at these to do an oil chage, need opinions on the best choice:

Your input is great appreciated

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Generally I use Amsoil synthetic 10-40 motorcycle oil.

Is it the best? Well, there's that ol' can o' worms. Works good for me, that's about all I can say.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I heard Amsoil only works if you've got loud pipes and a car tire on your bike;)

I used to be of the mind that if you changed your oil & filter regularly it really didn't matter what you used, as long as it's MC oil. Now that's changed.

I just switched to Yamalube full synth 15w50. I had the ticking problem these bikes are prone to, and now it seems to be gone. Don't know if that's what made it stop, but I'm not gonna look at the man behind the curtain, if you know what I mean.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
well I know when it comes to an oil filter Degreaser (now goes by Vulcan_tom) would insist on nothing but a wix......

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,905 Posts
Looking at these to do an oil chage, need opinions on the best choice:

Your input is great appreciated
The reason your question got such answers Mistoffeles, is cause there are probably 1,000 such threads asking the same thing, with probably 500 different opinions.

Personally, I choose Amosoil in my bike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Motul 300V 15W50....ain't cheap but probably one of if not the best syth oils you can get. My bike rides smooth, and gear changes are awesome now. My local dealer almost killed my ride by not doing an oil change over the winter like they were supposed to (the [email protected]), when I finally did a change with the 300V turns out I had 2 liters left, and it was almost like water....and black as night.

The 300V is going to be very interesting, I'll let you guys know how it goes at the next oil change.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Recent oil change with Repsol. Expensive, full synth. Not impressed. Belle liked the Castrol a whole lot better. Shifting isn't as smooth. Kinda nervous about long rides. Not sure it will stay in the engine. Down side, have full quantity for an oil change for my wife's 900CLT...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts