Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im ready so much about different oils and filters for Vulcans on here...

i have a 2002 vn800 Classic with 18k on the clock and was wondering what would be the best... id rather pay more and get quality rather than saving a few quid and comprising the running of the bike...

so ive been eyeing up some castrol 4T 10w-40 fully synthetic oil... which seems to be popular in here... although im unsure what the 4T actually means...?!

and as for filters, been reading posts about sticking with OEM filters...?!
but quite happy to pay a little more for something better...?!

oh and just out of curiousty... does anyone know what the difference is between a Vulcan B6 and a B6F...?!

any help would be greatly received...

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
changed my oil today, went for castrol 4T 10w - 40 fully synthetic and a OEM oil filter from my local Kawasaki dealer...

i removed the oil screen, spring and washer too and gave them a clean etc...
i expected it to be a case of blot, washer, spring, screen in that order...
although the washer was between the spring and screen...?! not too sure there is much implications either way but does anyone know what order they should be in...?!

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
i have a 2002 vn800 Classic with 18k on the clock and was wondering what would be the best

oh and just out of curiousty... does anyone know what the difference is between a Vulcan B6 and a B6F...?!

any help would be greatly received...
nb,, 2002? that's 14yrs? 18k? hardley 1k per year. what is that like 5yr oil change intervals? Go ahead splurge, get the good stuff. yor not breaking the bank at this rate..

diff between B6 and B6F.. let me guess?.. F?

ride that thing! ;) poncho

Reactions: chanoc1077

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
newbievn800
that's just ponch being ponch,he does know his shi...
try looking up the model and the differences in them,I'm not sure what the f is ,some others will chime in

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fair enough....
although not sure what 'nb' means...?!
maybe ive missed something obvious..?!

ive just brought the bike, didn't have any service history so unsure what's been done to it... my next challenge is the valve clearance adjustments.... :grin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
asked my local dealer yesterday about the 'F' and he reckoned it was perhaps the colour...?! like I said, he may well be right, my knowledge is limited...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts