Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I´m new to the forum and I just bought a 2010 Vulcan 1700 Nomad. Where i live (Sweden) the Nomad is actually called CT (Classic Tourer) but that is a side note :) .
My bike does not have a Powercommander yet but I have bought a PC5 (with ignition controll) and it should be delivered shortly. The bike is equipped with a brand new K&N-air filter and Raask slipons. I`d guess the Raask slipons are somewhat equal to any other slipon-system. Since it is a Europeen bike the o2-sensor is already installed by the factory (over here I guess it is called a "Lamba-sond" and every car has one) just bellow the passenger right side footplate.

Well, this Q has surely been asked many times and I have searched the forum and can see that there are many optional Maps floating around. So my Q is naturally if someone could point me in the direction of a good Map to load to my PC5? I ride att sea level, if that makes any difference.

I´m fairly confident with computers and mounting the pc5 on the bike is not realy an issue either.

I will most likely put the bike in the bench next spring (in 6 months) but I think I will first try to load a new Map in the pc5 to se if that is enough.

So any suggestions from you pros :) ??

/mr Urban.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hello! Since you are getting no response I suggest that if you are on Facebook, you join the Kawasaki Voyager Owners page there. Lots of tech savvy folks there. Many of us have had Ivan reflash the ECU instead of a PC, but being you are in Europe that is problematic. I know several on the Owners page use PC's and would probably share some info. Good luck! Facebook Groups

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx a bunch for the reply 👍. I made a request for joining the fb-group.

I have read good things about the ”Ivan”-mod and it surely is interesting. Infact there is a guy here in Sweden that supplies the same service and have gotten a price in having the ecu flashed. The price is about 75% that of buying a Pc5.

would you be so bold to make an estimate on how good the Ivan-mod is? I mean if a pc5 + bench is 100% (perfect, basically 🙄). Stock bike is like 85%. How close is the Ivan-mod (95%)??. I’m looking for some reference in what to expect, you know 😏. Where I live the price of a pc5 + bench work would be like 3 times that of a Ivan-mod. Is it realy worth it?

/Urban.

·
Registered
15 Posts
may also need to include what mods you have done as some tunes are suited for different air intakes and exhaust etc

you can also block off the 02 sensor although you can always get the auto tuner as well for the pc5 if you want
i think it was on here that i found out what resistors to use when i went with cobra exhaust

tbh everyone raves on about the ivans tuning and say that you no longer need a pc once its been tuned by ivan so i guess if you can get your money back on the PC5 then id send it off to ivan if not look then keep the PC5 and just worry about maps

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'd rate Ivan's ECU flash as 100%. It's the best possible engine modification. Fuel tuner + bench testing = 90%, and stock bike I'll keep at your 85%.

Those of us who owned a 1700 before Ivan got involved had fuel tuners on them. Most of us have sold our tuners cheap or (like me) now have them hanging on a nail in the garage somewhere, with cobwebs on them. Ivan's flash is very much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts