Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering what everyone thinks is the best looking vulcan 900. year, modle,ect.im sure everyone thinks theres is the best year thats why they bought it.i dont know how to do the graph thing on the top of the page like some do.but i would like to see if there is a overall favorite.i like the 09 custom se the black with the copper valve covers and highlights looks cool. thanks and post up pics if you want

·
Registered
424 Posts
im wondering what everyone thinks is the best looking vulcan 900. year, modle,ect.im sure everyone thinks theres is the best year thats why they bought it.i dont know how to do the graph thing on the top of the page like some do.but i would like to see if there is a overall favorite.i like the 09 custom se the black with the copper valve covers and highlights looks cool. thanks and post up pics if you want
MINE :D

And everyone thinks the same thing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
For me it was "Love at first sight" when I saw the lime green 2008... And 2 years later, I brought her home.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
292 Posts
Red over black Classic; love that color combo, hate to constantly clean it. Black show every speck of dirt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I liked the Green custom when I first saw it, then I also liked the 2010 SE... but it wasn't until I saw the 2009 custom SE that I had a definitive answer to this question, (and then bought the first one I saw) I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the passion red, but if I had my druthers I'd be riding the burnt orange.

·
Registered
450 Posts
2009 Classic Blue looks the best IMHO :D

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
2009 Classic Blue looks the best IMHO :D
I have to agree. I think the blue looks great on these bikes, but I have another reason.

As a child my dad would drive me to school on his Harley that was a nearly identical shade of blue. Recently, I visited him at the nursing home and took him out to see my bike and he thought it was his old Harley. I didn't have the heart to tell him that it wasn't.

Rod

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Most of the two-tone Classic LT's. OR, the black and silver Custom. But, the overall winner, is the 2012 Classic. Classy!

·
BOTM Winner, October/2012
291 Posts
ive always liked the burnt orange color. i had a 2001 trans am that was pretty close to the same color, so when i walked in the dealership and saw the 2009 burnt orange custom, it was love at first sight...lol

D

·
0 Posts
that's a great story Rod. You did the right thing not correcting him :) it doesn't matter to him or you if it's not the same bike, he was happy to remember riding

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've always get a warm feeling when seeing a Kawa lime green paint job - but only on performance bikes. For a cruiser I like muscley colours like predominantly black with red or gold trim. I've got the classic blue but it was 2nd hand so not a new bike choice. Does look nice however & gets favourable comments.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I've always get a warm feeling when seeing a Kawa lime green paint job - but only on performance bikes. For a cruiser I like muscley colours like predominantly black with red or gold trim. I've got the classic blue but it was 2nd hand so not a new bike choice. Does look nice however & gets favourable comments.
I try to avoid black. I get so tired of it. I'm not usually one to care if "everyone else has one just like it", I got the black iPhone instead of the white one because I like it better and don't much care about being unique :p

But dangit, I'm so sick of black on black with black trim black accents with a rider wearing all black with black sunglasses on... I dunno... did I mention black? I guess I just get bored seeing all black all the time. I like the lighter colors. I ride with a guy who has a white and gold Road King. (I know.. a Harley that isn't black? They make those?), man does it look sharp.. and for once, not the same old tired thing!

That's just me I'm sure, since it's so popular. Plus black is a favorite of most and I never did care for it. Too bad I'm so into motorcycling... not a great field to be involved in if you don't like black.

Hmm.. I wonder if Mustang will make me a white leather seat :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think what looks best is what the rider likes best. (if that makes sense to ya) As we see here, everybody likes something different. That's why we customize them the way we want them. Mine was originally the '09 pearl white/titanium. I bought another set of tins and painted them Maserati code 910 metallic black (sorry Romans..lol) But at least I still have the originals in case I want to change it up again. When I bought mine I was wanting a two tone that only came on the LT, but I didn't care for the studded seat and bags or the stock windshield. Just a personal preference. As luck would have it, another fellow wanted the solid blue classic but wanted the studded stuff. So the dealer switched all the LT stuff from my bike to the other one and the other guy got the LT in blue and I basically got just the classic in two tone which is what we both wanted. Worked out pretty well.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I try to avoid black
after owning a black sport bike, i will never buy a black bike again, it showed every swirl, dust, and mark that you could imagine. It was also hot to touch when the sun was out .... never again.

Having said that , the 2012 classic does look sharp in the black / silver ... i just would'nt buy one.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Agreed. Mine....is a good choice. 2009 VN900 Custom SE. The Orange and black pop pretty good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Josh, do you have pics of your bike? I see a lot of stuff on your bike (in your signature) that I was thinking would look good on the SEs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts