Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i recently purchased a 2007 Vulcan 900 and i want put some crash bars on it. on denniskirk.com i have found two that would work, one made by Cobra and the other by Baron. (i don't really like the looks of the Lindby and it's $200 more so i'm going to choose between the Baron and Cobra.) Cobra requires relocation the horn, while the Baron requires temporary removal of the right floorboard and rear brake reservoir - other than that, installation looks pretty straight forward.

i am particularly concerned that the bar will be in the way when i work the shifter or the rear brake pedal. the pictures that i have found don't really give me an idea about whether or not my toe will be hitting the bar.

perhaps there is another brand i am not considering.

any input appreciated. thanks!

- rich

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I put the Cobra on my 07 Custom. I had to adjust my foot position to avoid issues with the brake pedal. I used to move my foot up so my heel was on the peg but my toe would hit the bar before the brakes started to grab. Scary 'til I broke that habit. I don't know if you'd have that problem with floorboards though. Moving the horn was no big deal. You move it to the right side below the tank. Cobra supplies the parts. It takes maybe 5 minutes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I put a Cobra 1-1/4" engine guard on a 1600 Vulcan Classic I had, a few years ago. Looked great and fit well. I think I paid $219.00? I don't know about current offers and your model, but I was very satisfied. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I bought the Cobra bars for my 900 - easy mount, scrapped the OEM horn which has to be relocated and is basically useless and replaced that with a Wolo Bad Boy horn. mounted that on the Cobra crash bar with a Kuryakyn clamp.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have the Barron's highway bar. It came with the bike when I bought it. There are no problems so far. It's very solidly attached to the frame. Gets in the way a bit during oil changes but not bad. A bar goes across the oil filter area, from one side of highway bar to the other side. I have no lights or foot pegs on it. It looks strong and sturdy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts