Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Here are the Jumbo Express Drifter Slant bags on a homemade hard mount system:

I liked the bags but even the Jumbos weren't big enough for me. Now I have a set of hard bags which have much more room.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Another vote for Mutazu hard bags. I have the HL bags. They are very, very nice, for not a lot of money! Hard, locking bags are a great thing to have. Look good too.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
This is on my V2K but these are the "Extra Jumbo" Drifter Slant throw-over bags. They are BIG don't get me wrong but the material WILL SAG rather quickly. The plastic in the bags are not strong enough to be that big and hold their shape.

Before

After

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
oh and they started sagging like that within a few months. First picture was taken May 27, 2012 and the second picture was taken on December 5, 2012. The materials they use are ok for the smaller bags, just not for the Extra Jumbo. if you want BIG bags I would look else were.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The factory LT bags are good quality, but not wide enough even for a skid lid!! Wish I had a 2k to hang'em on!! Think I'll keep'em just in case!! If my wife finds a 2k in the garage I might need a new wife! Don't think I can afford a new wife AND a new bike!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I like my Matazu hard bags. The hinges and locks are not great quality, but they look good!!
Hi tang56, I have the same problem as your locks too, I guess they are made from the same factory but sell under different names lol.... Mine have LED lights and your? And have you fix your lock problem, if so what did you do ?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi tang56, I have the same problem as your locks too, I guess they are made from the same factory but sell under different names lol.... Mine have LED lights and your? And have you fix your lock problem, if so what did you do ?
Yep, LED I have them wired for run and break. Haven't had any problems with the locks or hinges yet, but I'm careful with'em!! They are cheap, and the bags are thin plastic. If you hit'em on something they would break easy. Might be another reason to keep my factory bags!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any chance you can give some pointers on doing a homemade hard mount?

Here are the Jumbo Express Drifter Slant bags on a homemade hard mount system:

I liked the bags but even the Jumbos weren't big enough for me. Now I have a set of hard bags which have much more room.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts