Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone besides me have a problem with keys bending? The trunk seems to be the worst for this. I loosened the retaining nut for the lock, but still have the problem. Just the slightest bend keeps it from working in the ignition.

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
anyone besides me have a problem with keys bending? The trunk seems to be the worst for this. I loosened the retaining nut for the lock, but still have the problem. Just the slightest bend keeps it from working in the ignition.
No problem with bent keys here, but I went to the local locksmith and got 2 spare keys made for $4 each. Much better than the $25 the stealership wants for a blank!

·
Registered
644 Posts
I found the trunk needs to be pushed down a little to lock and unlock it. This keeps the pressure off the key.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have noticed that the saddlebag and trunk slots seem to be grittier and more difficult to open. I have to be sure I wiggle the key make it go all of the way prior to turning it. Its like the dust covers on the slots don't work 100%. Perhaps I just need to put some graphite on the key to lube the locks. It hasn't been a big deal......yet.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Graphite will help a lot . . . It took the gritty felling away and made mine work great . . . .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts