Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my scoot works pulley on and put everything back together. The belt is tightened right to the second mark. Anyone with the pulley that could tell me if that is about right? If it is too tight, will it take out the bearings eventually?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I recieved my pulley today!!! Think I will try to install tomorrow. Have you taken it out on the road yet, did you have the squeak like some of the others did?

·
Registered
976 Posts
The marks are just reference for right to left paralleling. You don't just squeeze the tire back to it. I think my bike is just short of the 1st mark now with the pulley on. Take the tension off the belt and then tighten it up till the flop goes out. Your supposed to have 3-4 millimeter of movement with 10 pounds of force applied to the center of the belt. I let it go about 8 myself, too tight makes a cogging sound, to loose will invite skipping a tooth.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hey MyClean,

I have the stock pulley. When the rear wheel is raised so that I can spin it by hand, I get a vibration on the left wishbone. I removed rear brake, front pulley cover and same thing. I don't feel the vibrations anywhere else. I loosen the axle nut and vibrations are a bit less but still there. The belt is not rubbing on the sides of the pulley. The alignment is pretty much the same on both sides. A hair away from the 3rd notch. Is is tension? Bad bearing? Balancing?

I recently replaced the tires myself and did the balancing the DIY method using Jack stands as a support for the tire axle. This thing is driving me nuts.

Thanks,

Denis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts