Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm sorry for all my question! But I work a lot on my bike this time so.. lot of question!

I just finish installing a Baron lowering kit 2inch and I like to know if Its better to adjust the tension of the belt? if es any tips? I will receive my 230 tire next week! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Belt Tension

It can't hurt to check the belt tension after altering the suspension or loading in any way. It may not need adjustment, but it's worth checking.

Savor the journey,
Grandpa

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can't hurt to check the belt tension after altering the suspension or loading in any way. It may not need adjustment, but it's worth checking.

Savor the journey,
Grandpa
Do I need a special tool ?? what the good way to check it?? my bike only have aroud 4500km 2796miles...
thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
There is a post by "Ashtavakra" in this forum (I may not have spelled it correctly). I think it's in the summer of 2010. If you enter titled "Proper Belt Alignment/Adjustment" in the search window near the top of the page, you'll find it among a bunch of posts.

Kawasaki sells an over-priced (my opinion) gauge, and the author of the article mentions another. I have the Kawasaki tool, and it works fine fo me; I can no longer judge forces reliably due to age and arthritis, and for me the tool is worth having and using. If you can feel force and/or weight, you probably don't need it.

The shop manual has good instructions with pictures for doing this and most other procedures, and it's probably available on-line.

Good luck,
Grandpa

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a post by "Ashtavakra" in this forum (I may not have spelled it correctly). I think it's in the summer of 2010. If you enter titled "Proper Belt Alignment/Adjustment" in the search window near the top of the page, you'll find it among a bunch of posts.

Kawasaki sells an over-priced (my opinion) gauge, and the author of the article mentions another. I have the Kawasaki tool, and it works fine fo me; I can no longer judge forces reliably due to age and arthritis, and for me the tool is worth having and using. If you can feel force and/or weight, you probably don't need it.

The shop manual has good instructions with pictures for doing this and most other procedures, and it's probably available on-line.

Good luck,
Grandpa
thanks a lot!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts