Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I rode yesterday and noticed it...darn belt squeak. I didn't have it until; I had to ride in the rain. I have looked at the belt alignment and have adjusted and readjusted it. I even loosened it up a bit. It still squeaks, just not as bad. Any ideas????

T

·
Registered
142 Posts
Toymaker ... If you have a lift, put the bike on it and check rear pulley for run out or "wobble".......I have had that squeak thing since I had the bike "new"......AND according to Kawasaki, "it's the nature of the beast"......To me that's just a load....IF you have a wobble in the rear pulley, chances are you have a worn belt as well....Good luck on getting that replaced......If you read my earlier posts on this, you will see I have tried many ways to "fix" it......I have the pulley coupling in a machine shop to have some milling done for a different coupling bearing.......we'll see how that works out..

·
Registered
747 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. I rode the bike all summer, then one day I got caught in the rain and the belt won't stop squeeking now. Its annoying as hell.:( I've tried adjusting mine as well but can't get it to stop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts