Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this may turn into another pulley thread, but my question is specifically for the function of the belt guide.

Opinions please! I am a victim of the belt noise after installing both Barons pulleys. Now my question is, What is the function of the belt guide that has to be removed when installing the Front overdrive pulley. And is it possible that by removing this, we inevitably now have no tracking control on the belt? I am contemplating putting the oem front pulley back in with the guide back in place as well. Thus leaving only the overdrive rear in place. See if noise disappears. If it does I am going to see if I can fab the guide to fit the overdrive pulley specs. Really should be able to compare the radius between 2 pulleys, and mod the guide the same amount of the size difference. Also has anyone been able to compare which is better to have done on its own. Front or Rear? Which overdrive pulley, on it's own, will reduce the rpms more than the other? Thoughts?

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup me too! Just seems that nobody with the OEM front pulleys in complain of the belt noise. Dawned on me that the belt guide has to have more of a function than anticipated I think. Don't seem to be much info on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts