Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question guys...Was hoping someone could give me the numbers off the 2011vn900 custom se belt? I found the actual part number to order through manufacturer, but I know there is another number that is the manufacturer number rather then the distributor and mine is worn off on my bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do already have that number....there is another number on the actual belt itself that I need. Thank you for try though fawlty.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is the number I find at a OEM parts company, right from the specs.

59011-0021

Try that, I guess

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks crip, but that number i have already as well....it's a number on the belt specifically. Wanted to use it to call the manufacturer and get it at that price rather than the 300 plus from distributors.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Mine says 59011-0013 On the belt. Mine is a Classic, but the Custom uses the same belt.
At cheapcycleparts.com, they say that 59011-0021 has replaced this belt. $318.26

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks paco, but there is still a number on the custom belt itself that i need. I have all those specs/oem numbers. I found an oem belt online for 290.....but still trying to get it straight from the actual maker......just need that number. Me and my ville mechanic are working through Goodyear belts and trying to get a 154 rather than a 153. A tad longer but should work just fine. It's a hell of a lot cheaper too.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
How many miles were on your bike? Just curious. Might want to determine what caused premature wear too, before you replace it?

If I recall correctly, the guy with 150,000 miles on his Vulcan 900 only replaced one belt, and I think that was from catastrophic failure (picked up a rock or something) not wear. If it just 'wore out' you might have another issue.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Thanks paco, but there is still a number on the custom belt itself that i need. I have all those specs/oem numbers. I found an oem belt online for 290.....but still trying to get it straight from the actual maker......just need that number. Me and my ville mechanic are working through Goodyear belts and trying to get a 154 rather than a 153. A tad longer but should work just fine. It's a hell of a lot cheaper too.

The belts are for very specific applications. I think it was an almost unnoticeable redesign in Kawasaki's belt that sent Scootworks back to the drawing board. Kawi didn't have to change their pulleys, but might have changed the belt just enough to address some issue; maybe the squeaking? This is only a guess on my part as to the change, btw.
A belt one tooth longer should be OK, at least it is well within the adjustment range. I just think that overall the OEM belt might be the better way to go. I don't know what dealer cost is, but maybe a sympathetic dealer would sell you one at something below retail. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Paco...or anyone else who may know....does the belts on the 09 and 11 vulcan custom se's the same? Want to purchase an 09 belt and use it on my 2011 custom.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Hey Paco...or anyone else who may know....does the belts on the 09 and 11 vulcan custom se's the same? Want to purchase an 09 belt and use it on my 2011 custom.
Well, upon looking it up again, all 900s from '06 to 2012 now list the 59011-0021 as the belt for all these bikes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts