Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of belt dressing can I use on my VV belt?Car dressing allright? Just going threw a noise eliminating prosses,to see if its the belt that im hearing!And whats the best way to apply it ? Im sure i have to take off the left bag to apply it?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I've used regular drive-belt dressing on my 900. Works for a while, but the noise comes back before long. Next step for me is to loosen up the belt a bit and see if that helps.

As far as application is concerned; read the directions. Mine said to spray onto the gear teeth.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Having ridden Road Kings for 20 years for a living and we did our own maintenance on them, If you ever get the knack of belt adjustment (and it takes a while) you will never have belt noise again. I am going to start the learning process on this new Voyager. You will get to where the adjustment is no problem with the belt running true in the center and just the "right" tension with no whine or chirp.

I have never used a belt dressing. Sometimes I would have to adjust the belt tension and alignment several times after a tire change or belt replacement. But I would get it done. I highly recommend a good belt tension gauge and keep a record of your settings so you don't waste time doing them all over again.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I've used regular drive-belt dressing on my 900. Works for a while, but the noise comes back before long. Next step for me is to loosen up the belt a bit and see if that helps.

As far as application is concerned; read the directions. Mine said to spray onto the gear teeth.
My Mechanic told me not to use a dressing waste of money just car wash and water.

He loosened the belt so the belt movement with bike only weight on is about the full length of the inspction slot, no more noise and hasn't missed a beat in 5000 kms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts