Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a helmet for riding this winter to continue saving on fuel cost since my truck gets 10 mpg at best with a tail wind. I can handle a full face but I think the bell rogue is more what I'm wanting. Anybody wearing one or know anything about them?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of videos about it, I definitely want one as well. Some say that if you have a big schnozz that the muzzle can be bothersome, but that's been about the only complaint I've found. Otherwise, it's a really cool looking, but relatively common 3/4 lid.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Check out the Shark Raw. I like that helmet allot. But having a full face is nice for winter. Right now, temps are about 30ish when I get off shift. Full face + REV'IT! Velox WSP Windcollar is amazing right now. I really recommend the Rev'it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A full face is definitely the ticket to stay warm. Use a neck gator to close the gap between your jacket and helmet to keep your neck warm.

The Bell rogue will be better for winter riding due to the integrated goggles. You will still get air through the muzzle part which cannot be closed off.

The Bell rogue has an insert in the muzzle which has a metal tab to bend over the top of your nose. If you have a big nose you can sometimes shape the metal insert to give you more room. If that makes sense?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bumping this to see if anyone has actually tried the rogue themselves yet. The design of it has stuck my fancy. I like the look of the military style helmet with the face mask like that. I think it looks badass

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'll be buying one soon, so I'll post a review of it once riding season kicks in up here in NY.

One thing that sucks is that they're NEVER on sale. I've caught probably 20 helmet sales from Dennis Kirk, and they never have the rogue for less than $250. Angry.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I broke down and bought one with no info. There is no buffeting but it seems like anything over 75 mph the wind catches the front and rolls your head back and my glasses fog up when at red lights but your face doesn't get cold at 15 degrees outside temp at 80 mph

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I am 66 years old and have been riding motorcycles every year since I was 15 years old.

I just never could get use to wearing any helmet other than a half helmet type.

I now wear a Daytona Half Helmet with a drop down tinted visor, one of the lightest on the market.

:)

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Check out the Shark Raw. I like that helmet allot. But having a full face is nice for winter. Right now, temps are about 30ish when I get off shift. Full face + REV'IT! Velox WSP Windcollar is amazing right now. I really recommend the Rev'it.
That's a cool looking helmet. I'm wondering if the 'goggles' would work well with glasses though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts