Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys have either of these?
Want a new helmet and am trying to make a good choice.
My ears are very sensitive to wind noise so i need a quiet helmet but also one that is cool, as in air flow.
Thanks, any thoughts would be appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a mag 8. It's not the best vented helmet and weights in at about 3.5 pounds. Noise is ok. But behind the big fairing and windshield on the Voyager I'm looking for something that is cooler in the summer and lighter due to neck problems.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just bought the HJC IS-33 and really like it. It's got vents that open and when it gets to warm I just raise the face shield up a couple of clicks and it lets in more air. I got the optional extra dark smoke shield for it also and really like it on the bright sunny days. If you have sensitive ears you might try ear plugs, I have used them on my old helmet and they work well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have used the Mag-8 for a number of years and really like it. Nice brim to shade the eyes when driving directly into the sun...swapped out the clear visor for a smoked one which is hardley noticable at night. Just bought the Mag-9 and did not like it.... lever to drop the "fighter pilot" shade was really flimsy and the fit was not even close to comfortable. Then tried a Scorpion and a AFX FX50 too... sent them all back. Closest one I had to possibly keep was the AFX.

Keep in mind that Bell has discontinued the Mag-8. So I had to scout ebay and stores to find a replacement for my XL mellon. I now have three of them "in stock" so I will have spares waiting for whenever one wears out. Also have one XXL which I would sell if your noggin is that big.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts