Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before / After - 900 CLASSIC - 200/70 Rear Tire & 2" Drop

Posting this for the people wondering like I was.

I went with a 200/70 rear tire on my 900 Classic (stock 130/90 for the front). This raked the rear end up 1.1" so I wanted to get it lowered back down to get rid of that fender gap. Ordered and installed the Baron Custom lowering kit (bracket) and set it at the 2" drop. Brings it just a tad lower than stock, which feels really good. It still has plenty of clearance and makes that fender sit perfectly over that new tall and wide rear tire. I've put 150 miles on it so far with no problems or complaints.

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

--- BEFORE ---

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, but I sat on it and had my buddy jump on the back while another guy looked underneath. It still had clearance with both of us. I'm about 280 and he's about 200 pounds, so that was enough said for me. LOL!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Haha that works for me, I'm around 2 and my wife is less lol - I was just worried about if I do the same thing in the future. . . Which I plan on. Also, the setup looks awesome, well done

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha that works for me, I'm around 2 and my wife is less lol - I was just worried about if I do the same thing in the future. . . Which I plan on. Also, the setup looks awesome, well done.
Thanks man! I'm real happy with how it's set up now. Yeah, you two would be good to go on there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Actually, as a side note, how do you like your highway bars? I was thinking about getting the ones that mount to your floorboards, but idk if I'd prefer one over the other - this is my first bike and aside from my seat and exhaust it's pretty bone stock

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Actually, as a side note, how do you like your highway bars? I was thinking about getting the ones that mount to your floorboards, but idk if I'd prefer one over the other - this is my first bike and aside from my seat and exhaust it's pretty bone stock.
You know what, it's actually my first bike as well. I guess I'm too new a rider to kick my feet up since I ride in LA. Being inexperienced, I have to be on my toes out here. I honestly just got it because my dad has the same bike and he told me to get a crash bar right away. You don't question dad. 0:) Installed it a week ago and don't even notice it on there, aside from when I slide my feet a little too far forward and feel the vibration going through my shoe. But I did get that model because I prefer the look of it over the big squarish one, or the one with the sharper corners.

I can tell you that it was a quick and easy install. And I like that it almost looks stock (to me) with the shape and the chrome finish flowing well with the bike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You're right, it does look like it could have come from the factory that way - it looks nice. Now I'm just as torn as I was before though lol, if I get a crash bar then my feet will vibrate with the frame but if I get the floorboard pegs, I won't have the crashbar protection

1 - 14 of 14 Posts