Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like beer, but not just any beer. I am a fan of hoppy ales, and over the years I have taken every opportunity to try local microbrews as I travel around the country. Fortunately, I don't have to travel far to taste many wonderful beers from around the globe because Houston is an international city and most everything is imported from everywhere. Spec's is a large local liquor store chain and they have a huge selection of tasty national and international libations. Additionally, there are several 'pubs' that offer a delightful variety of imported beers on tap. Over the years I have discovered that I particularly enjoy beers from the Pacific Coast.

Here are a few beers I like:
Newcastle Ale
Bear Republic's Red Rocket Ale
Mendocino's Red Tail Ale & Eye of the Hawk
Redhook's ESB
Stone's Arrogant Bastard Ale
Independence Brewery in Austin has some great brews and so does Real Ale brewery in Blanco.

I don't care for anything made by Shiner, or St Arnold's.

There are many many more I have tried and like. In general I like Ales. Some day I'll break down and start brewing my own.

Cheers!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I am a simple man. Being from Missouri, I pretty much stick to Budweiser products. Usually Bud Lite or Bud Lite Platinum.:beer:

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a strong preference for the Walmart SuperTech line of beer, but I'll drink pretty much anything brewed on this continent. ;)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Don't usually drink beer , if I do I'm a Bud guy other wise I have a standing relationship with Captain Morgan.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Poke, remind me to bring you a six of Otto's if I ever make it down Houston way. They're a microbrewery/restaurant around my area, and they have some prettys splendid products. Most are seasonal, and I believe a hoppy pale ale is in their "summer" category.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I like IPAs, but also some types of stouts and porters, if I'm really going to enjoy it.

Miller High Life bottles, on ice, if I'm going to be swilling down a bunch...

·
Registered
46 Posts
try out alagash white ale if you can find it. i believe it from portland. belgian style. i'm also a fan of micros. it use to be a little niche in a few bars. now its not unusual to find dozens of different ones in bars. its made people become more of beer connoisseurs on par with wine. i'm a former bud lite die hard, but now i can't even get myself to drink the national beers anymore. i'm always trying to convert my friends, usually with little success. i don't think buds going out of business anytime soon...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I don't drink beer often, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis.:eek:
Stay thirsty my friends.:)
Actually I might drink 6 beers a year, and it's usually Bud Lite.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Howdy Beer Lovers, I've been a bud drinker for way too many years (in the can) but aprox. 3yrs. ago ai bought a kegerator, put it in my shop and have ice cold bud on tap!! And that was about the same time I bought my 08 900 classic Lt. I made myself a promise that I would Never Drike while I was on my bike. I made a stop sign shaped peice of wood that I put under the kick stand when parked. I routed in it...STOP BUD TIME- Leave Bike Here Till Tomorrow...and sofar I've kept my promise,,,Ya know what? it's Bud Time!! Yall Ride Safe!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I had a Back In Black IPA at Max Lager's (Atlanta) and it was pretty darned good with steak I was eating.

I drink Guiness every now and then but mostly it's Gin and Tonic for me these days. Gluten issue . . .

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Gimme that dark and lovely Guinnes Stout! Occasionaly a Warsteiner Dunkel... An ice cold Foster's is fine too. Having said that, I really don't drink all that much, usually no more than 2 pints at the max (1 if on the bike).

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'm always trying to convert my friends, usually with little success. i don't think buds going out of business anytime soon...
kinda like them harldey abelson diehards, Hardley ain't going outta bidness anytime soon either......:skeleton:

I really dig Moose Drool ...
I just couldn't bring myself to taste something called Moose Drool...:eek:

·
V2K Rogue Wrangler
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anybody try Cooper's Sparkling Ale at Outback? It's an Aussie ale and they often can't keep it in stock. I like it and am disappointed if they don't have it when I go there.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts