Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 17k on my 2008 V2K LT. I want to change bearings for the front and rear wheel. I've done a search on here for wheel bearings and have found a few individual part numbers and descriptions. One thread also mentioned getting a bearing puller from harbor freight. Is there a thread somewhere here that lists both front and rear wheel bearing recommendations? Any help, input or advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Generally speaking, I just go to any of the major on-line parts sellers and look up what I need on their on-line parts catalogs. Then, if you want to buy the part just add it to your cart, or jot down the OEM part number and start your price shopping or cross-referencing.

I"ve had good results from Powersports Warehouse on two orders I've placed recently. 100% first pass fill and quick shipping. Their shipping costs were a little higher than some places but to me the bottom line is what counts and with everything added in their total was lowest of a few places when I checked around.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. I'll start there then. I got a quote from my local bike shop. I told them all bearings associated with the front and rear axle. They gave me an estimate of $380.

·
Registered
102 Posts
hi,sounds very expensive.the wheel bearings are common but not sure about the sprocket bearing.later models run a wider 2 row bearing. your best idea would be to take the old bearings and seals to a bearing supplier.i guessing most towns will have one. you can get bearing numbers from Ronnies parts on line.very helpfull for parts diagrams

1 - 5 of 5 Posts