Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
JP, your going to have to call your Vlog “Eats on two wheels” soon! Hahaha!:)
Geez, I wish I could visit some of those places.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JP, your going to have to call your Vlog “Eats on two wheels” soon! Hahaha!:)
Geez, I wish I could visit some of those places.
You make it down here, I'll not only take you, I'll pay. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Blacks is my favorite Central Texas BBQ Joint...

I try to schedule two car cruises a year with my Car Club...

Plan on going end of February, but maaaaaybe I can plan a motorcycle ride in March or April...

Not sure if my ass cheeks can handle 4.5 hours of stock Mid Reach VS Seat...

P.S. I took these pictures 🙂

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
was down there myself not to long ago.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm thinking about having a Vulcan S mini-rally or campout sometime. Get yourself a Corbin seat and let's meet up somewhere.
I just posted in the Corbin Seat Thread that I would love to meet you at Boacks sometime soon, but I don’t think the stock seat would allow that to happen - from my house to Blacks, it’s 220 miles...

I would hate to spend the money on a Corbin seat for a bike that I may not have in October...

It would be more likely to buy the extended reach seat before I bought the Corbin seat...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Trailer your bike to within 19.9 miles of Blacks' and then ride on in.

Any further out and you'd be dead. /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
I can typically go 40-45 minutes without having to get off...

I’ll teally think about it and let you know 🙂

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I was in Austin with a buddy for a few days in October 2016, my first trip out there (no riding, sadly). We did Franklin BBQ and the Salt Lick, and I honestly couldn't imagine BBQ getting any better than those two. We had Blacks on our list, but just never made it. Too much time with the meat sweats as it was!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I was in Austin with a buddy for a few days in October 2016, my first trip out there (no riding, sadly). We did Franklin BBQ and the Salt Lick, and I honestly couldn't imagine BBQ getting any better than those two. We had Blacks on our list, but just never made it. Too much time with the meat sweats as it was!
I’ve been to Salt Lick, but not Franklins...

Also been to Kreuz’s 🙂

https://www.kreuzmarket.com

Central Texas is the Mecca of BBQ

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I’ve been to Salt Lick, but not Franklins... Also been to Kreuz’s
Heard about Kreuz's before, but Franklin was the main reason for our trip. I'd ordered ahead and merely had to show up on time and get my 5 pounds of meat.

In my humble Yankee opinion, Franklin had better ribs and brisket (I prefer both without sauce), but Salt Lick had better sausage and amazing potato salad... and atmosphere.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts