Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size windshild do you have on your batwing? I'm running the OEM windshild on my LT and I think it's about right for hight! I'm 6'3". Should I get the 12" windshild? I'd hate to go to the batwing and get a bunch more wind noise, but I love the look!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6'2 1/2" with 12" shield and fairing lowers.
Pics in Garage.
Nice lookin scoot!! I think I like the look of the shorter windshield, but not at the cost of allot of wind noise. Do the lowers really help? That's something I hadn't thought about!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the 9" shield. I am also 6' and can see fine. I have not installed lowers because I don't seem to have a issue with any wind noise. The Cobra pipes do a good job of eliminating pretty much any noise. I think I will purchase some however and see if I can tell any difference.
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
i run a 9 inch for touring on my classic, it offers better protection from the elements during inclement weather, on my custom i run a 5 inch, more for looks, but this bike is just a day rider ... both fairings have the "ms" deflectors, and yes, they do make a difference. pics are available on my home page.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the response!! I'm going with the 9" and lowers. Whiting, your baggers are the bomb!! Hope you don't mind me steeling your style. I've got the MU bags and I plan on two tone paint. They say that imitation is the best form of flattery!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'm 6' and bought the 9" windshield. I am looking about 2" above the windshield. Great coverage. Also have lowers as well.
Love that rear luggage rack with back rest, can ask what brand ?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
What size windshild do you have on your batwing? I'm running the OEM windshild on my LT and I think it's about right for hight! I'm 6'3". Should I get the 12" windshild? I'd hate to go to the batwing and get a bunch more wind noise, but I love the look!
Here are my measurements copied from other posts:

Me said:
If you measure straight up from 65 on the speedometer bezel to the top of the windshield, a 9" shield sits at about 16".

I have a 34" sitting height and a 9" shield. I keep it at about the tip of my nose or upper lip but have adjusted it some in both directions.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Love that rear luggage rack with back rest, can ask what brand ?
The trunk is a Mutazu DMY (deep cobalt blue pearl). The rear bracket is from Wompus.com. My wife loves it. Just ordered Mutazu HL hard saddlebags.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are my measurements copied from other posts:
Thanks Gray!! Good reference!! Looks like the 9" will put the windshield about 1 3/4" lower than the OEM shield on the low setting. Should work!! Wonder if the ol lady will like me dropping another 5 hun on my scoot!! At this point I would rather pray for forgiveness than ask for permission!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts