Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a memphis batwing and it came with a windshield,it doesn't seem very tall.It measures about 4 inches from the wing to the top of the shield.Any of you guys run one that short?do you get a lot of wind in your face?My old windshield.I could look over the top and it was fine but was thinking that the wing was at more angle so might be alright.Was going to take it out but about about a foot of snow.If I have to get a new shield,is that how they measure them?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
i run a 5" on my custom and a 9" on my classic, my custom is a day rider and my classic I use for long distance touring. See the pics ... the larger shield is fine for me regardless of the elements.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Does the 5 inch let the wind hit you?The 9 inch looks like it would be just right.I just don't want to buy another shield and have it too tall or too short.I am about 5'9.Both your bikes look very nice,my other bike is a R6 Yamaha.Do those little side shields help?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
The fairing deflectors make a big difference regarding buffeting ... my recommendation is to get them ...the 5" shield is more for looks vs function ... while it does offer some protection, my suggestion is to go for the 9" shield ... it might not look as cool, but it does a better job protecting you from the elements. Sorry for the delay in the response ...its been a busy holiday season ... happy holiday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts