Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Memphis Shades Batwing, with black trigger lock mount kit, lowers and 9" spoiler shield for sale. It has only been used for 20 miles and has no scratches or defects. PM me with an offer. Looking for $525 obo.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know this is sold, but I would like your input, did you like the wing while it was on?

I am looking at one same setup.. wing, lowers, 9inch spoiler.... from NY

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually hated it.

I liked how it took the wind pressure off my chest but I didn't like how it basically made it so I didn't feel any sort of wind on my chest. On other bikes that I have ridden, they had fairings and made it so there wasn't a huge amount of pressure on my chest but you at least got some air to cool you down.

I also had severe buffeting with my full face helmet. The wind came up off the top of the windscreen and hit me right in the forehead of my helmet. My head was basically vibrating down the highway so it made my vision blurry.

Memphis Shades could improve this batwing design immensely if they added some sort of vent system below the wind screen. This would probably help keep the rider cooler if they wanted it while also helping to control the vast contrast between air pressures.

I am 5'9" with a 32" in seam. There are people of similar build as me that didn't have this issue. It might just be me too.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
I actually hated it.

I liked how it took the wind pressure off my chest but I didn't like how it basically made it so I didn't feel any sort of wind on my chest. On other bikes that I have ridden, they had fairings and made it so there wasn't a huge amount of pressure on my chest but you at least got some air to cool you down.

I also had severe buffeting with my full face helmet. The wind came up off the top of the windscreen and hit me right in the forehead of my helmet. My head was basically vibrating down the highway so it made my vision blurry.

Memphis Shades could improve this batwing design immensely if they added some sort of vent system below the wind screen. This would probably help keep the rider cooler if they wanted it while also helping to control the vast contrast between air pressures.

I am 5'9" with a 32" in seam. There are people of similar build as me that didn't have this issue. It might just be me too.
While I don't have a MS batwing, I have a Harley fairing on my 900 with just a 5" wind screen. I still feel wind on my upper torso but it's not pounding my chest like it did without it. No buffeting either. The only problem I have with the fairing is crosswinds do NOT like a fairing on a bike this light!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts