1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at either:

$983 Tsukayu 3rd Generation Batwing

$1175 Reckless Fairing

$1695 Hoppe Industires Quadzilla fairing.

This is for my 2009 VN1700 Classic LT w/ Cobra Lightbar. I am looking for the full audio setup, not just the hollow batwing.

In my analysis I feel like they are all about the same value (higher cost options have more features, but all fit the minimum).

Anyone have any opinions or experience with these in terms of installation, fit and finish, quality, ease of use, looks, etc?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a Reckless on my 1700 Nomad. I looks good, sounds great, I'm pleased. A great feature is the USB port in the dash, you just plug in a flash drive with your music on it and bingo, no need for a i-pod. I had a Hoppe Quadzilla on my 1600 Nomad, it also looked good but didn't sound as good. But that was about 4 years ago and I'm sure the radio is better now. After I got the Reckless with the 9" windshield, I replaced the windshield with a 9" Memphis Shade Recurve actually made for a 2012 Street Glide and that really made a big difference! Both go on easy and the fit and finish are about the same (good). Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I also have the Reckless fairing on my 09 nomad. Fits and looks great. I bought it plain with no system . I added my own and painted it myself for about half the cost. I have it all torn down now,,getting ready to repaint entire bike out of pure bordom....lol........God i hate winter!!!

·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did it come with custom fitment, or did it attach to your existing windshield hardware?

·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The word from Reckless is that they do not make a fairing for the Classic. However given how virtually identical the front ends on the Nomad and Classic are...I find this a bit hard to believe.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Tsukayu has impressive quality.

·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Though Reckless only advertises the fairing for the 1700 Nomad 2009+, it actually works perfect on the 2009 1700 Classic LT with Lightbar.

Installed in about 10 minutes total, including the wiring.

Excellent look, east to use...great fairing option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts