Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I accidentally left my key in my bike during my lunch break today. Usually this isn't a big deal in South Dakota - pretty common in fact. Unfortunately some punk pulled the key out of the ignition and popped off the battery cover, probably hoping it was storage and contained something valuable.

Long story short, does anyone know the part number or of a good place to buy a replacement? I assume I'll have to deal with a new key or another locking solution...

I see online that there are part numbers 3600 and 3600a - does anyone know the difference? I found those for $60 US. Seems like a lot for a small piece of plastic.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should mention that I did indeed find my key about 20 ft from the bike, so I'm not looking to get new keys made or anything. Just need a cover.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Partzilla had a replacement for about 55 bucks shipped. Now i just need some advice on what to do about the key situation. The part does not ship with a lock or key.... I'm thinking of other ways to secure it that wouldn't look jerry-rigged. Not much luck yet

·
Registered
66 Posts
The dealer can order the lock for you. You will need to give him your key info. That sucks it got stolen. The punk probably just threw it into the woods or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts