Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Well I had my 900 custom on a battery tender all winter long, and when I went out to ride today i turned the key and got a weird clicking/grinding noise that I have heard before. I am pretty sure its a battery issue and nothing else. Anyone have a good recommendation for a battery for this bike? Mine is a 2007. I have bought gel cell in the past for my honda shadow and have been pleased, but thought I would check with the experts here first! Thanks!

ED7

·
Registered
182 Posts
I installed Scorpion gel mat batt's in my Kawi Brute Force and SV650. Planning on getting one for my Custom. They have a 1 yr warranty. Had the one for the SV650 replaced even after it was out of warr. Got them from batterystuff.com.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sams Club has good batteries that last a long time, don't leak, and their warrany is better than Sears. Also, the prices are really good. That is where I will go when it comes time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Stay away from Odyssey; they are way overpriced and do not perform. Wal-Mart batteries are pretty good for the money and they use AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) technology, which extends the life of the battery....

·
Registered
50 Posts
I only use YUASA batteries on all my bikes. They can be pricy but I find they are very reliable. I also use a YUASA charger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts