Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help with an ongoing issue with my 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900.

I purchased a battery from Battery Mart September of 2016. For some unforeseen reason, my batter has a slight drain. I have checked the stator; it’s good, I have checked my voltage regulator/rectifier; it's good, and I have checked for parasitic draws and I found nothing

When the bike is running the system is charging, but when I start the bike there is such a draw that my clock resets.
Any ideas.

:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery voltage draw is 10 volts. I check for a parasitic and nothing. The battery is almost a year old I'm starting to think its the battery. Having it checked today after work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, the clock resets after attempting to start the bike several times, I believe that this is due to the draw on the battery. I had the battery tested and it came out at 84% and 12.92 volts which is good being that it had not been charged.

While I had the battery pulled and cleaning my terminals and connections I tested the starter and it was fine. I also checked the starter solenoid relay and noticed that it was quite pitted and corroded so I cleaned it up as well. I also ordered a new one costing only $7 bucks. Cheap fix, I can only assume that the contacts inside are twice as bad.

I also noticed that my air filter was dirty and my pre-filter was full of oil so I cleaned all that up as well.
This morning, I noticed that the bike turned over quite easily.
I’ll keep you informed after the new part comes in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts