Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also facing similar issue. The battery is draining in a matter of couple of hours. Furthermore, this morning, after charging overnight, the motorcycle was able to start; but after a couple of mins, it didnt start at all. Its original battery that had come with the bike and is about 4 year old now. What could be the issue? Is my battery up for change? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
815 Posts
With a 4 yr old battery it's more than likely shot. Take it to a local auto parts store and let them load test it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My original OEM Furokawa battery lasted 8 years and still worked but I replaced it anyway as it seemed unnatural that a motorcycle battery should last that long.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My original OEM Furokawa battery lasted 8 years and still worked but I replaced it anyway as it seemed unnatural that a motorcycle battery should last that long.
Agree with you. The battery on my first bike, a 100cc motorcycle in India (my father gifted it to me about 20 yrs ago) lasted for good 10 years. I will get my current battery checked at an auto shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts