Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my first jacket in the mail this weekend. Icon anthem 2, a ventilated mesh/textile jacket with armor (because I live in Texas). Tonight it is 45 degrees. With a wind jacket under my Icon, and a balaclava under my helmet, I kept my torso, head and neck warm. But my denim jeans and impact gloves definitely didn't help.

What kind of non-heated gear do y'all use in the winter to keep your legs and hands warm?

Does anyone use specific cold weather base layers, like the rukka Outlast, or other wind blocking base or mid layers?

I know it makes sense to have two jackets, one for the cold, one for the heat, but I just can't afford it right now, and it's easier to get family to buy a top or bottom base layer or gloves etc with the holidays coming.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I ride daily all year. Winter I wear normal clothes, maybe sweatshirt, with my good thick leather jacket &liner includes neck gator, always full face helmet & dew rag. Below 19 degrees I add a turtleskin hat. Olympia Wind-tek gauntlets are amazing, but mine are old, so I add army wool or head glove liners. Also, lever covers by Chilhowie leather keep levers from suckling heat outa my fingers. Always wear good Arial boots & thick socks. Jeans covered by OSI mesh armor pants are normally sufficient, but I add the pants wind/rain liner below 19 degrees. Otherwise, leather chaps are sufficient, but tougher to put on. Block the wind with leather & it's just like sitting outside. My Nomads engine keeps my legs & feet warm & big windshield helps. Fingers are my only problem. Been thinking about heated gloves or grips.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Depending on how cold it is (my ride tonight was around 35ish) I will wear a freeze out long sleeve, a first gear jacket liner and my cut. For my legs I just wear my chaps, Sidici brand freeze out liners and my regular pants. Works well enough.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Olympia airglide 4 Jacket and pants with jeans underneath with rain liners inside, shoei head liner or alpinestars baclava. Rev It Aquila gloves, shoei gt Air

Joe rocket boot liners in my ariat boots.

Saddle up and feel the wind in your Helmet! ATGATT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts