Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here installed the Baron's Hack N' Slash exhaust? I've been thinking about getting it since it's much cheaper than a full kit. The reviews for it on Amazon are high and all the comments are positive. Although, I think I've seen only 1 video on Youtube of them.

So, if anyone has experience with these slip-ons, let me know! If you have a video, please share it!

I also intend to get the K&N air filter. Undecided if I want to get a fuel processor at this point I think I may see how the filter and pipes work first before dropping some green on a processor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the hack n slash on mine.Did not need a fuel processor with just the exhaust.I installed a hypercharger and needed the processor.The Barons exhaust is loud and has a deep sound .

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
I got the Barons Big and Nasty. Very happy.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the video! They sound good.

I'm sort of hesitant atm on getting any aftermarket exhaust since I work evenings. I don't want to become the neighborhood nuisance. Although, no one has complained about my '87 Chevy truck with long tube headers and glasspacks.

I've got a few days before my tax refund comes in to think about it.

Thanks again!
Till the the first week of Dec. i worked second shift. So i would go through my neighborhood in third gear at about 30mph.The pipes are not really loud till you really get on it.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Just bought the pipes and k&n air filter. They should be in next week sometime, which is good, because the weather is supposed to be nice then.
You will likely need a fuel processor when changing both intake and exhaust. Be sure to check you spark plugs after a fairly short ride. Running too lean for an extended period can do a lot of engine damage.

Others may want to comment.

WB

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just bought the pipes and k&n air filter. They should be in next week sometime, which is good, because the weather is supposed to be nice then.
You will likely need a fuel processor when changing both intake and exhaust. Be sure to check you spark plugs after a fairly short ride. Running too lean for an extended period can do a lot of engine damage.

Others may want to comment.

WB
I'm just replacing the air filter and mufflers, not the whole intake and exhaust. Bike should be ok.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow! Great clip and great sound from the bike!

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Might be too loud but thanks for the sound clip.
It's never too loud.

Hey crazyriderguy, I put the Barons Big and Nasty pipes on mine and that's pretty close to what it sounds like. Nice and loud. My neighbor says my bike sounds better than his HD.

Good job on your bike.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow! Great clip and great sound from the bike!
Might be too loud but thanks for the sound clip.
It's never too loud.

Hey crazyriderguy, I put the Barons Big and Nasty pipes on mine and that's pretty close to what it sounds like. Nice and loud. My neighbor says my bike sounds better than his HD.

Good job on your bike.
Thanks for the compliments! I can't quit smiling while riding. Next thing on the agenda is replacing the floorboards with pegs. Gonna get a kit off ebay. They run for about $235 and look nice. Once I do that, I think I'll submit my bike for BotM.

Dad wishes they made the slip ons for his 1700LT. I am surprised Barons doesn't make them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How loud is it when just driving around the city (for you i mean, as the rider)...I ride everyday for about an hour total in the rising season, not much time spent over 80 km/h tho. If it means im going to have to wear earplugs all the time I might start with just a full debaffle instead. :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How loud is it when just driving around the city (for you i mean, as the rider)...I ride everyday for about an hour total in the rising season, not much time spent over 80 km/h tho. If it means im going to have to wear earplugs all the time I might start with just a full debaffle instead.
I wear a ff modular helmet and the wind noise calms the exhaust note. I can't say what the folks behind me are hearing, though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How easy is the install on these? Thinking about ordering a set for my 900 custom. Currently just running the stock exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How easy is the install on these? Thinking about ordering a set for my 900 custom. Currently just running the stock exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They aren't bad. I used a 24t hacksaw. Probably should have used a 32t. Just be prepared to set aside a few hours and take your time. Measure twice before cutting. You can find the instructions online.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts