Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ,I got my front pulley installed and rode it today. There is a noticeable difference in highway rpm at semi legal speeds. Granted it isn't an earth shattering difference but it is the cure for the buzz I was feeling through the seat and bars before. It doesn't have the top end of my 1500 but that wasn't what I was looking for. It's a miracle that in 84,000 miles that big beast hasn't gotten me locked up. This 900 is now a very comfortable ride with plenty of torque and will run fast enough to make life interesting and haul me any where I am willing to go. That was money well spent from my point of view. I've heard some say it wasn't noticeable and I've heard people say it was like having another gear. I'm going to say I'm pleased with it but I believe I'd be in the middle of that spectrum. As an ending to this post i will still need to watch myself this one still runs fast enough to get a man in trouble:wink2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any particular reason you went with the front pulley instead of the rear pulley? Was it because of cost?
You got it. There was over $100 difference in price plus I didn't even have to pull the back wheel off to swap them out. So there you go , I'm cheap and lazy.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yes that buzzy feeling can get irritating. Glad it helped.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Wait till you change the back one. You'll like it even more.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Lol, you guys are trying to get me divorced aren't you?
HA! I'm not married so I have a lot of stuff and one of these :grin2:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts