Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am currently in the process of putting 16" apes onto my '09 900 Custom. I was looking at getting this kit

http://www.baronscustom.com/catalog/display/1621/index.html

The risers I purchased are 1.5" risers and I wasn't sure if they'd be long enough since my total rise would be 17.5".

Also anyone who has purchased these kits before are they good quality and worth $370??

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
102 Posts
You should be good. I have the 8+ on my classic and get that nice loop.
Search the interweb for Motion Pro. You may save some $ on a set. Good quality.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know what length over the Barons cables are? What size are your apes and risers together? Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not sure on the Baron's kit. I am running the stock classic 1" risers with 16" bars. The pic shows how my cables loop on the 16" bars. +8 cables.
The wires are snug with this setup. I did not have to extend them. That extra 1/2" may be too tight.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im surprised you didn't have to extend your wires. I thought any apes you had to extend wires.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Not sure on the Baron's kit. I am running the stock classic 1" risers with 16" bars. The pic shows how my cables loop on the 16" bars. +8 cables.
The wires are snug with this setup. I did not have to extend them. That extra 1/2" may be too tight.
These are contradictory. You claim +8 cables then claim you did not have to extend them. Please clarify. Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sounds like you guys are a little confused. What I replaced was my cables, which are clutch, throttle, and brake line. The wires I was referring to are the turn signal, ignition, and horn wires. That would be the black things in the pic attached to the handle bars with zip ties.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts