Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used barons air kit at a motorcycle swap meet, for my vulcan 2000. Today I tried to install it and noticed there is only one connection 0n the back plate for the air breather tubes. Should I block off the bottom hose? or just zip tie it up behind the air filter? The kit came with no instructions.Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
445 Posts
You will have to get a crank case breather filter kit of some kind or run it out the back, but if you read throught the V2K threads you will find the answer your looking for.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Baron Big Air

I had a Baron kit installed at Sturgis last year by the J&P guys. They left the top vent off and blocked it with a little black plastic cap that came with the kit. The crankcase vent is hooked up to the breather.

I wondered about the vent when I saw it at first, but I have run the crap out of the V2K and it isn't blowing oil anywhere. If you really are worried, drill and tap another hole in the backing plate. You can get those little plastic hose barbs at any hardware store.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just installed the air kit and cobra long shots pipes yesterday. I also put in PC3usb. But there was not fuel map for this combination on dynojet site. I downloaded one for Vance & Hines Powershots exhaust with quiet baffles Thunder Manufacturing airbox. The bike runs a little rich now with some popping when it slows down. Any one has any leads for fuel maps?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
No airbox mod, but my VN2K with stock fuel system and V & H Powershots pops and burbles a LOT on slowing down if you leave the throttle cracked open just a tiny bit. If you have the throttle fully closed it does it much, much less, but still lets out a pretty good pop/bang every now and then.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Sounds like you're in need of marbling.
Yeah...I might look into that. But, frankly, I've learned how to manipulate the throttle to make it a nice, drawn out burble most of the time. I think it sounds kind of bad-ass actually, sorta like an old muscle car rumblin' up to the stop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts